- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (12 ounces/350 g total)
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces (45 g) Spanish chorizo, cut into 1/8-inch (3-mm) dice (OMIT)
- 12 small black olives, such as Niçoise, pitted
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- Four 4- to 5-ounce (125- to 150-g) skinned cod fillets
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup (8 g) chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons (60 g) unsalted butter, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium enameled cast-iron casserole, spread the potato slices, tomatoes, chorizo, olives, and garlic. Set the fish on top and add the thyme, parsley, butter, oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer on the stove, then transfer the pot to the oven and cook until the fish is just opaque throughout, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve directly from the casserole.
The casserole can be assembled and refrigerated for up to 4 hours before baking.