32 caramel squares, unwrapped ½ cup heavy cream
¾ cup butter, melted
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 pan or you can line with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easier removal. The carmel can get sticky. (can also be made in a 9×13 just double the ingredients)
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar. Add flour, oats, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Divide the cookie mixture in half and pat half of the mix into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove.
- While baking, combine the caramels and heavy cream and stir until completely smooth. Can also be melted in the microwave, just stir after every 30 seconds being careful not to let it burn.
- Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the crust. Pour carmel mixture over the chocolate chips and crumble remaining cookie dough on top.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Once removed from oven allow them to completely cool and the carmel to set up. The carmel is like molten carmel right out of the oven and you want to let it cool. You can speed up the cooling process by putting it in the fridge if needed.
I found this at Lulu the Baker