- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dehydrated mixed seaweed flakes
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 rounded teaspoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or untoasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the seaweed in a bowl with 1 cup (240 ml) cold water. Set aside to rehydrate for 30 minutes
Meanwhile, combine the garlic, shallot, and lemon juice in another bowl; the acidity will soften the raw edge of the garlic and shallot.
Transfer to a jar, close tightly, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, to allow the flavors to mingle. Eat within 2 to 3 days.