5 cups squash (sliced, yellow or zucchini, or a combination)
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 tablespoon onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped)
7 leaves basil (chopped)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 eggs (beaten)
- Melt butter in 12″ skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Saute’ onion in butter about 1 minute.
- Add squash and garlic and saute’ until squash in slightly limp, about 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl stir together cheese, eggs, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add squash/onion mixture to cheese mixture.
- Pour into 9″ pie plate, which has been buttered or sprayed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until center is set and edges are lightly browned.