- 1.5 cups de-shelled walnuts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tb tamari (or soy sauce if not gf )
- 6 Taco shells
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion, chopped
- cilantro, choppped
lime cashew sour cream
- 1 Cup cashews soaked overnight (or soaked at least 10 mins in boiling water)
- 1/3 cup water (more if needed)
- 2 Tb lime juice
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
Add walnuts to a food processor and process until mixture is kind of “meaty”.
Put mixture in bowl and add seasonings and mix.
Add rest of the ingredients (up until tamari) and stir until incorporated
Fill taco shells with walnut mixture and top with toppings of choice.
To make the lime cashew sour cream put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to get a sour cream consistency.
Top tacos with sour cream and enjoy!