– 1/2 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
– 3 to 4 tablespoons coconut oil
– 16 ounces frozen large lima beans, thawed
– 5 small green onions, greens parts only, thinly sliced
– 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
– Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
– Kosher salt
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread out the pepitas on a baking sheet; transfer to the oven and roast until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes, tossing halfway through. Let cool to room temperature, then grind the pepitas in a food processor to a coarse-milled consistency.
3. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and heat until very hot, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the lima beans and sear on one side until light golden brown, 3 minutes. Add the green onions, parsley, roasted pepitas and the lemon zest. Stir, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and season with salt to taste.
4. Add the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired tanginess is reached. Serve right away or else the lima beans might never make it to the table!!!