- 1½ cups farro
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into ½-inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh garlic (1 large clove)
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- ¾ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 8 ounces feta cheese, ½-inch diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preaheat the oven to 425 degrees.Combine the farro with 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the farro is just cooked. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the hot farro and stir well.
Meanwhile, place the red pepper slices on a half sheet pan and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Roast for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through. Set the peppers aside to cool slightly.
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, roasted peppers, parsley and olives to the bowl with the farro. Stir until combined, then gently fold in the feta. Serve at room temperature.