1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 loaf pumprnickle bread
1 pinch lemon pepper seasoning
fresh dill sprigs
- Place cucumber slices between 2 paper towels set in a colander. Allow liquid to drain, about 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion salt, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on one side of each bread slice.
- Divide cucumber slices over half of the bread slices; sprinkle lemon pepper on cucumber.
- Stack the other half of the bread slices with spread sides down over the cucumber slices to make sandwiches.
- Cook’s Notes:
- To make these the night before, cover with SLIGHTLY damp paper towels, then cover with foil. Keep in fridge.
- To make as appetizers, cut bread slices into rounds with a cookie cutter. Spread with cream cheese mixture and top each with a cucumber slice. Yields approximately 48 rounds.