- 3/4 cup (175 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) custard powder, (such as Bird’s Traditional)
- 4 cups (1 L) French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 55 g semisweet chocolate, (about 2 oz), chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipping cream 35%
In bowl, stir together graham crumbs, coconut, walnuts, cocoa powder and sugar. Drizzle with butter and stir until combined. Press into bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
Fold custard powder into ice cream; spread over crust, smoothing top. Cover surface directly with plastic wrap; freeze until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
In small saucepan, heat chocolate and cream over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spread over top of pie; freeze until firm, about 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Once firm, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 24 hours.) Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.