- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 3 scallions (green onions, white and green parts), sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6t ablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- Mince the parsley, scallions, and dill in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the anchovies, garlic, capers, and lemon juice. Process until smooth. With the machine running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove to a serving bowl and stir in the eggs. Makes 1 1/2 cups
A sauce in spring green that goes with everything from asparagus to salmon to Easter hams and lambs (and the perfect place to put those leftover hard-boiled eggs). Adapted slightly from The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook
Make a huge batch on Easter. Set it out on the table with your lamb or ham. The next day, spoon it over poached salmon. Bundle boiled new potatoes all up in it, then take them to work with you. Pool it on top of grilled chicken, or shrimp, or steak. Dunk spears of blanched asparagus. And radishes. And fennel.
There’s almost nothing you will cook for dinner this season (or the next) that you won’t want to cover in green sauce.