2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoons maple syrup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
minced garlic to taste
coarse salt & black pepper
- Whisk together the mustard, syrup, and vinegar. Slowly whisk in oils, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 red or white onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp -1 tablespoon sriracha, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- cilantro to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to (425º F.)USE lower temp try 375 next time
- In a large bowl, toss carrots, onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper and cumin.
- Transfer veggies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping over in the middle, or until tender.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place them in food processor. Add sriracha and greek yogurt and pulse to combine.
- While the motor is running, drizzle in remaining olive oil and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Adde vinegar and cilantro and blend again, may need more olive oil and/or sour cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables.