- 1 cup French lentils (washed, picked through)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced on bias)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 container baby arugula (5-ounce box)
- 2 cups red grapes (halved)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium saucepan add the lentils and stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Par-boil the lentils and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Remove lentils from the saucepan and spread them onto a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil, and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes until crispy but tender.
- Remove to a bowl and allow to cool until slightly warmer than room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl add the red wine vinegar and olive oil and whisk to combine. Add scallions, season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the lentils and toss to combine.
- Add the arugula and grapes and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Tip: Par-boiling is the perfect way to prep lentils a day in advance. When ready to serve, crisp the lentils in the oven and serve.