Grandpa’s morning smoothie
Recipe By: Marcus Samuelsson
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1 cup ice
Optional flavorings: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg,
Lea Anne’s V8 Juice
1/2 lemon Peeled
a vegetable bullion cube
tsp. of sea salt
tsp. of Blend It Up Spice (the same spice I use for Tortilla Soup)
a SMALL amount of carrot (or leave it out – carrot makes it very thick and orange)
2 stalk of celery
lots of tomatoes
a thin slice of onion
a thin wedge of cabbage
Ice (2 cups or so)
1. If this need thinning, I thin with cucumber. If I were making this at home I would freeze cucumber into chunks and use in place of ice.
2. Remember, if you like room temperature drinks you can still start with frozen ingredients (and you should) and blend until it is the temperature that you like – at shows I blend ice into steaming hot water when it is slow and I can’t draw a crowd. When someone comes over and asks what I am doing I tell them, “I am turning ice into hot water so that the sound will draw attention and I can get someone like you to come over to my booth – would you like to see what a blender that can turn ice into water can do?” 😉
Recipe By: Betsy Burtis
1 cup Orange juice
1 cup Water
2 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1 cup Ice
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender set on High speed
2. for exactly one minute.
Sweet Potato Smoothie
1 cooked sweet potato (-skin)
1 1/2 cup homemade yogurt
3 tablespoon real maple syrup (from an organic farm
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. All blended together. This is so good! No brown sugar and I still feel like
2. I’m cheating! I should have topped it with pecans from my tree. I also think
3. this would be good as ice cream.
Emerald Ecstasy” Green Smoothie
Recipe By: Lea Ann Savage
Put Ingredients into the Vita-Mix in the following order:
2 cup of Green Grapes
1/4 of a large Pineapple or 1/3 of a small Pineapple
1 Whole large Banana
1/2 of an Apple
2 big handfuls of Spinach (at a show I add a touch of Kale and Parsley too)
2 cup of Ice
1. This will make 2-3 LARGE servings or 4-5 smaller (juice glass size) servings.
2. Blend according to the instructions in my Fruit Juice section (until the icy slushy mixture turns into a smooth liquid). This is a “beginner” Green Smoothie. As you get used to the taste of the greens, you can increase the proportion of greens to fruit, try out some of the “stronger tasting greens” (remember, Spinach is one of the “magic veggies”), and use fruits that are not as sweet – like berries for instance.
Notes: This is the Green Smoothie that Lea Annmake at the VitaMix shows.
6 coffee ice cubes
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon cocoa
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cashew butter or peanut butter
All of this is done in the VitaMix…sprinkle with cinnamon
I cut back the peanut butter to 1/2 T
Added a second tablespoon of sugar.
I’m not sure how much frozen coffee I used but I think it was a little over a cup. After I buzzed it in the VM i added a bit of today’s coffee which was slightly warm but not hot to thin it out. It melts fast so it probably didn’t need the extra coffee.It’s pretty darn good. Not too far off Starbucks either.
Strawberry Lemonade1 large lemon (peeled)
4 frozen strawberries
4 tablespoon sugar
2 cup ice
As much water as you need as you blend I used about 3/4 cup
Blend until smooth in VitaMix.