- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- half of an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (see notes)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For the Stovetop:
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- Instant Pot: Put all the ingredients in the first list into the Instant Pot
Cook for 45 minutes (manual). Release steam using the valve on top.
- Stovetop: When the soup is done, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour. Let the mixture cook for a minute or two to remove the floury taste. Whisk the milk, a little bit at a time, until you have a smooth, thickened sauce. Throw a little salt in there for good measure.
- Together: Mix the creamy sauce with the soup in the instant pot. Voila! Mushroom Wild Rice Soup.