3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 golden delicious apple; halved, cored,
1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion; cut in thin strips
3/4 lb spinach; washed, stems removed, leaves torn
1/2 cup toasted pecans
- In serving bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper until thick.
- Add apple and onion.
- Toss until apples and onions are covered with dressing.
- Place spinach on top, then pecans.
- Just before serving, toss.
- might add some blue cheese
The recipe is not earth-shattering—
2 Hass avocados
2 teaspoons of lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 chopped jalapeño
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
2 cups sliced radishes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sliced red onion
1 cup seeded and sliced cucumber
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Toss radishes with salt; let stand for about 10 minutes. Drain any liquid and transfer radishes to a large bowl. Add red onion and cucumber slices.
Whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and dill in a small bowl until well mixed; pour over vegetables and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.