1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large egg yolk
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 heart of romaine lettuce, rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
salt & pepper
olive oil (optional)
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Add ingredients to Blendtec jar in order listed and secure lid. Select “Dressing” and serve. The dressing tastes best when you refrigerate it overnight in a sealed container – the ingredients are allowed to marry together.
How to Grill Salad
If using a gas grill, turn on the gas and turn the heat to high. Let the grill heat up for at least 10 minutes. If using a grill pan inside, heat grill pan on medium to medium high for 3 to 5 minutes.
Salt and pepper the insides of your romaine lettuce halves. Sprinkle olive oil on the halves, if you wish. Add to hot grill or grill pan and cook for about 1 to 3 minutes tops. Flip to grill the other side for 1 to 2 minutes and you’re done. Serve immediately with caesar dressing and parmesan cheese on top.
*Store the dressing in the refrigerator for about a week. If serving as a side salad, one whole heart can serve up to 4 or 5 people.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Pop your popcorn however you like: My favorite method is to air-pop it in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan with a lid. Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add 3 kernels. Once the test kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels, reduce the heat to medium, and shake constantly until the kernels all pop (or until there are a few seconds between each pop).
- Melt together the butter and coconut oil, then whisk in the soy sauce. Whisk in any extra mix-ins, as I listed above (Sriracha, garlic salt, and Parmesan cheese). Another excellent topping is a few tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds.
- Pour the soy sauce butter over the popcorn and toss to coat.
10 oz. small or medium cheese tortellini pasta (tri-color or regular)
1 c. cherry tomatoes (red and/or yellow), quartered
1 (3.8 oz.) can, black olives, drained
1/2 c. red onion, diced
1/2 c. jarred mild yellow banana peppers, chopped or peppers
1 c fresh mozz pearls
1 c. Italian salad dressing
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let set to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, olives, red onion, and banana peppers. Toss with the cooled tortellini pasta. Add the dressing and cheese and toss all ingredients to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve chilled.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water, stock or milk
- 1 pound spaghettiuncooked
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 ounces finely grated parmesan
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the herbs, salt, liquid and spaghetti. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is done.
Stir in the butter, cream cheese and parmesan. Serve immediately.
If the pasta looks too dry, add up to 1 more cup liquid. How much liquid you need really depends on the kind of pasta you use and how you like your sauce!
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 handful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbs dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- A little olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups marinara tomato sauce (Napolitana) buy it or click here for recipe.
Wash and trim away the tops and bottoms. Remove a small slice so it sits flat and slice lengthwise approx 1/4 inch thick. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange your eggplant slices. Drizzle or brush a little olive oil on each piece of eggplant. Sprinkle the Italian herbs. Bake for 20 min at 350°F – 180°C or until golden brown.
In a mixing bowl, add your ricotta cheese. Add one whole egg. Grate and add a three quarter cup of mozzarella cheese.
Add the grated Parmesan cheese. Chop and add the fresh parsley. Add the zest of one lemon. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
In a baking dish, line the bottom with one cup of tomato sauce (Marinara).
Remove the eggplant from oven when cooked and leave to cool a few minutes.
Place an eggplant slice on your workbench. Using a tablespoon, scoop out some of the mixture, place it of the eggplant slice and spread it evenly to totally cover. Roll the eggplant slice and place it in your baking dish on top of the sauce. Repeat the process and leave a gap between each roll. Top each piece with the remainder of mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25 min at 400°F – 200°C or until golden brown.
Using a knife, roll up the fresh basil and shred it. Once cooked, remove from oven and scatter the fresh basil over rollatinis. Leave to cool ten minutes before serving.
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 4-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or pecorino romano
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions in boiling water seasoned with 2 tablespoons of kosher salt. Drain, rinse and cool. Add the spaghetti to a large bowl with the cucumbers, red bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, black olives and parmesan cheese. In a pint jar with a lid, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic clove, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake well and pour over the spaghetti mixture and toss to coat. Add more parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Chill for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Grouper fillets
- ½ lemon’s juice
- ⅔ cup grated cheese (though I used one full cup because I love cheese)
- 3 tablespoons softened/melted butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Wash grouper fillet thoroughly and pat dry.
- Place them in a greased baking dish and squeeze out half a lemon’s worth a juice on top.
- Place the grouper in a preheated broiler for about 7 minutes.
- You can do the following in 7 minutes (while the fish is in the broiler) or prep this ahead of time. In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- When it’s time, remove pan from oven. Turn ever piece of fish over and top each piece carefully with the cheese mixture.
- Put back into the oven for about 2-3 minutes until the tops are browned.
for the herb butter topping:
1/4 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper optional
Preheat oven to 350 f degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice the rolls horizontally (while still attached) to make a top and bottom bun.
Place bottom bun into prepared baking dish. Spread pizza sauce onto rolls.
sauté mushrooms in olive oil for 5 min to soften.
Next, add 6 slices of cheese (covering all of the pizza sauce.)
On top of the cheese layer, add mushrooms and black olives.
Add the remaining 6 slices of cheese on top.
Then cover all of it with the top bun.
Now, make the seasoned buttery topping. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
Then cover all of it with the top bun. Then, using a brush (or a spoon) spread topping all over the sliders. Be sure to get the sides too!
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes. You’ll want to see that the cheese is all nice and melty around the edges.
- 4 to 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons; 20–30ml chopped anchovy)
- Large pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and chopped (about 2 ounces; 60g) (see note above)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives (about 2 ounces; 60g) (see note above)
- 1 cup (225g) whole peeled tomatoes, preferably San Marzano, roughly broken up by hand (about half a 14 ounce can)
- Small handful minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 ounce (30g) finely grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place spaghetti in a large skillet, sauté pan, or saucepan and cover with water. Add a small pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, combine 4 tablespoons (60ml) oil, garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat until garlic is very lightly golden, about 5 minutes. (Adjust heat as necessary to keep it gently sizzling.) Add capers and olives and stir to combine.
Add tomatoes, stir to combine, and bring to a bare simmer. Continue to simmer until pasta is cooked to just under al dente (about 1 minute less than the package recommends).4. Using tongs, transfer pasta to sauce. Alternatively, drain pasta through a colander, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Add drained pasta to sauce.
5. Add a few tablespoons of pasta water to sauce and increase heat to bring pasta and sauce to a vigorous simmer. Cook, stirring and shaking the pan and adding more pasta water as necessary to keep sauce loose, until pasta is perfectly al dente, 1 to 2 minutes longer. (The pasta will cook more slowly in the sauce than it did in the water.) Stir in remaining olive oil, parsley, and cheese.6. Season with salt and pepper. (Be generous with the pepper and scant with the salt—the dish will be plenty salty from the other ingredients.) If using, stir in canned tuna and break it up with a fork. Serve immediately with more grated cheese at the table.