- PâtéTwo 10-ounce cans solid albacore tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced capers
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery rib
- Toast or crackers, for servingLine a 7 1/2-by-3 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of overhang. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tuna, butter, cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, cayenne, anchovies and the 3 tablespoons of capers. Season with salt and pepper and process until smooth. Scrape the puree into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Cover with the overhanging pieces of plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
In a small bowl, stir the 2 tablespoons of minced capers with the parsley and celery and set aside. Unwrap and unmold the pâté onto a serving dish and sprinkle the parsley mixture on top. Serve chilled with toast or crackers.
Bright, citrusy sparkling wine.