Serve this with rice pilaf, a simple salad or my sautéed mushrooms, chickpeas and kale with pesto (link to the recipe in the post)
- 1 lb bluefish filets
- 1 bottle of red wine vinegar
- In a deep dish, arrange the bluefish in and pour the vinegar over the fish. Let it marinate for 30 minutes (and no longer!).
- Set the broiler to high and arrange a baking sheet with tin foil. Arrange the fish filets on the baking pan and broil on the second to top rack for 10 minutes, letting it caramelize. Watch carefully – the fish can easily burn.
- After 10 minutes, set the oven to 350 and move the fish to the bottom rack, cooking for another 10 minutes.
- The fish should be caramelized at this point and ready to eat. Serve immediately or store fish in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one day.