1 1/2cups heavy whipping cream
1/3c up Lyle’s Golden Syrup or corn syrup
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) cocoa powder
- 6 ounces (170 grams) bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon flaky vanilla salt (regular flaky salt is fine, too)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, syrup, sugar, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate, butter, salt, and vanilla. Once the chocolate and the butter have melted, strain the entire mixture to ensure that no pesky cocoa powder clumps remain.
- Let cool to room temperature. If you are making this in advance, refrigerate until ready to use and then gently reheat on the stove or in the microwave until the hot fudge is pourable. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- For the salty sprinkles: Combine everything in a small bowl and mix well. Store in a small jar and sprinkle on ice cream, sugar cookies just before baking, puddings, hot cocoa, milkshakes, etc.