- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cabbage kimchi, chopped
- ¼ cup kimchi juice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons Korean red pepper powder (gochugaru)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package instant noodles
- 1 scallion, julienned
In a medium pot, add the vegetable oil and the mushrooms. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the kimchi and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
Add the kimchi juice, stock, korean red pepper powder, sugar, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, open up your package of instant noodles. Discard the flavor packet, and boil the noodles according to the package instructions.
Transfer the cooked noodles to a bowl. Pour your broth over the noodles, and serve with scallions on top!
Note: If you prefer, you can also boil the noodles directly in the pot of broth!