- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a large skillet add onion, butter, salt, and pepper. Saute on medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles in an even layer on bottom of baking dish. Layer ½ of total mashed potatoes on top of noodles, followed by ½ of the sauteed onions, and ½ cup of cheese.
- Top lasagna with remaining 4 noodles and cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!
Note, this is from 2 recipes one uses twice as much cheese, more mashed potatoes and twice the cheese. Above recipe is slimmer. the richer recipes uses 3 layers vs 2.