- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (e.g., Old Bay Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and bell pepper and cook until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a large mixing bowl, mash the salmon, using a fork, until no large pieces remain. Add the onion mixture, parsley, capers, Worcestershire sauce, crab boil seasoning, mustard, eggs, and panko. Mix together until well combined. Form into 12 patties. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cakes and cook until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve these with fresh lemon wedges!