- 5 cups lightly packed baby arugula (5 ounces)
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced (preferably with a mandoline)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- Two 6- or 7-ounce jars Italian olive-oil-packed tuna, preferably Tonnino brand tuna, oil reserved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
Combine the arugula, fennel and tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
Break up the tuna a bit with a fork to create bite-size chunks; add them to the bowl along with 2 tablespoons of oil from the tuna jars. Add the lemon juice and pepper; toss to incorporate. The saltiness of different tuna brands varies widely, so taste first, then season lightly with salt only if needed.
Divide among individual bowls; serve right away.