- Thaw shrimp as per package instructions and dry well.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add half of the cooked shrimp, cream cheese, prepared horseradish, and cocktail sauce. Puree until completely smooth, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the remaining shrimp and pulse until chopped. Transfer dip into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped chives. Serve with butter crackers.
- Tip: This dip is also great in a sandwich spread on a tea sandwich!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pretzels or chips, garnish
- Place chopped pickles in between layers of paper towels and let sit for 10-15 minutes, or until drained.
- Mix together cream cheese and sour cream together in a medium bowl, then stir in pickles, pickle juice, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 red or white onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp -1 tablespoon sriracha, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- cilantro to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to (425º F.)USE lower temp try 375 next time
- In a large bowl, toss carrots, onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper and cumin.
- Transfer veggies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping over in the middle, or until tender.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place them in food processor. Add sriracha and greek yogurt and pulse to combine.
- While the motor is running, drizzle in remaining olive oil and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Adde vinegar and cilantro and blend again, may need more olive oil and/or sour cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables.