3 tbsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
8 plum tomatoes, cored, halved, and seeded
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 baguette (about 10 oz.), cut into large pieces
1⁄2 small yellow onion
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped Iberian ham or prosciutto (optional)
Place salt, tomatoes, garlic, bread, and onion in a bowl, cover with boiling water, and let sit for 1 hour. Drain vegetables, reserving 1 cup soaking liquid; place in blender. Squeeze water from bread; place in blender with reserved soaking liquid, oil, and vinegar. Purée until smooth; season with salt and pepper, and chill. Pour into serving bowls; top with eggs, ham, and a drizzle of oil.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
3 tablespoons dry sherry
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
4 – 6 ounces mango chutney
1 cup minced green onion
1 cup finely chopped peanuts
1 cup grated coconut
Combine cheeses, sherry, Worcestershire, curry powder, garlic powder, white pepper and cayenne in a small bowl; blend well.
- Line a 2 cup bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang.
- Press cheese mixture into bowl.
- Fold plastic overhang over top and cover with another piece of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (better if chilled a day or two) or freeze.
- Before serving, unfold plastic wrap and invert on serving plate.
- (If frozen, defrost before adding topping).
- Spoon chutney over top.
- Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and coconut.
- Serve chilled with crackers.