1 14oz pkg firm tofu, pressed to release water
1/2 c mayo
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp dry mustard, can substitute dijion
2 celery ribs finely chopped
1/4 c chives chopped, can substitute red onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
finely mash or do in little food processor, tofu. combine all and mix.
1-1/2 pounds fresh spinach, rinsed well and left wet
1/4 cup butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
Large pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
1 quart shucked fresh oysters
2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried
Place the spinach in a large saucepan, cover, and steam over moderate heat for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain the spinach, refresh under cold water, squeeze dry, and chop finely. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large skillet, heat half the butter, add the onion, and saute over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the spinach, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cream. Stir well and cook over moderate heat for about 2 minutes, stirring in a few bread crumbs if necessary to thicken the mixture. Add the oysters and dill and stir well. Spoon the mixture into a well-buttered baking dish, sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, dot with the remaining butter, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings
1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 loaf pumprnickle bread
1 pinch lemon pepper seasoning
fresh dill sprigs
- Place cucumber slices between 2 paper towels set in a colander. Allow liquid to drain, about 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion salt, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on one side of each bread slice.
- Divide cucumber slices over half of the bread slices; sprinkle lemon pepper on cucumber.
- Stack the other half of the bread slices with spread sides down over the cucumber slices to make sandwiches.
- To make as appetizers, cut bread slices into rounds with a cookie cutter. Spread with cream cheese mixture and top each with a cucumber slice. Yields approximately 48 rounds.
3 large baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
2 tablespoons canola oil
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes in a single layer. Bake until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes. Remove the fries with a spatula and season with salt.
1 large and 1 medium fresh mozzarella (I used 2 medium and had a lot of caprese left over)**
12 cherry tomatoes or 2 or 3 medium to large ripe but firm tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
1/4 small onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
3/4 teaspoon oregano (3/4 gram)
1/4 teaspoon salt (1.35 grams)
4-5 fresh basil leaves chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil (54 grams)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (14 grams)
Place the fresh mozzarella in a sieve over a bowl for approximately 20 minutes. Carefully hollow out the mozzarella, chop the excess mozzarella.
In a medium bowl combine, chopped excess mozzarella, chopped tomatoes, onion and celery, oregano,salt, chopped basil, 3 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar, toss gently together.
Fill the hollowed out fresh mozzarella with the caprese mixture, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and serve the extra caprese mixture on the side. Enjoy!
1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 red or white onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp -1 tablespoon sriracha, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- cilantro to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to (425º F.)USE lower temp try 375 next time
- In a large bowl, toss carrots, onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper and cumin.
- Transfer veggies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping over in the middle, or until tender.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place them in food processor. Add sriracha and greek yogurt and pulse to combine.
- While the motor is running, drizzle in remaining olive oil and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Adde vinegar and cilantro and blend again, may need more olive oil and/or sour cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables.